Powered By Blogger

Friday 13 June 2014

Nerves of steel

So you have probably read previously that I will be moving to Berlin in September. This will be my first time away from home, and it is in a completely different country!

Is it weird that in June I am already feeling homesick about this huge move? I am so nervous for this relocation, and I would be lying if I said that I wasn't up most nights panicking and worrying about it!
You see, there are so many things that are causing upset over this huge amazing opportunity! I would not say that they hold me back from it but they do make me upset about it.

1) I have an amazing, wonderful Prince of a boyfriend. He is without a doubt the most incredible thing that has ever happened to me, and although he's currently ignoring me because of the stupid World Cup, I will never love anything or anyone as much as I love him. The original plan to go to Berlin was for only a semester, however dates were overrunning and my preference was no longer available to me and I now have to go for a year.
The huge issue being that I don't want to put him or myself through the pain of not seeing each other as often as we do just now. I know that there is skype and texting and letters blah blah but it is going to be seriously difficult. We have decided that what we have is too amazing and once in a lifetime to just let it go when I go to Berlin, so mutually, we have made the decision to make it work. It is going to be easy AND difficult.
Absence makes the heart grow stronger though, right? Maybe when I return from Berlin he would have made an Emma Shrine haha!

2) The big upset of leaving home for the first time is seeing parents and siblings upset. I quite literally think that the departure hug and farewells from my beloved family might actually kill me. I know I will be back and its not like I'm going away for more than 1 year, but its a huge move and I am sooooo nervous about leaving my lovely family behind! They are my rock when I need support so its going to be ridiculously hard. And again, there is skype, messages and letters blah blah! But its not the same!

The good thing is though that I have a sort of studio flat to myself in germany, so family, friends AND my wonderful boyfriend can come visit as much as they like so that I won't be totally homesick! And my good friend Martin from University is embarking on this adventure with me also, so its not so bad!

This post was totally unplanned and is quite literally the worst layout ever buuuuuut, I had to get some worrying thoughts of my head before I let them explode in my head.

Ciaow city cats xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment