Powered By Blogger

Thursday 5 June 2014

My Student Friendly Makeup Review

Hello there fellow students or other people who are currently on a bit of a budget...

Now I'm not going to say the usual rubbish, that you are all beautiful without makeup, because as much as it is true, you will probably not believe me and then this whole blog post is a bit pointless... so for those of you, like myself who love makeup and ADORE a bargain, then please read on.

Okay, so I am not one of those people to have a serious obsession with makeup. I used to be, but lately I have given up wearing lots of eye makeup due to annoying over watering of my eyes (I WONT STOP UNWILLINGLY CRYING).
I am partial to a nicely winged cat eye effect with eyeliner, and I enjoy an occasional smoky eye, but the one eye product that I am always ALWAYS going to use, without fail, is...
MASCARA! If I go out without any mascara on I feel like a panda without it's black eyes. It is just a weird feeling and I am very sure many of you ladies (or gents) will agree with me in saying that mascara is a must!

So I have had 2 long years of living in a budget, a very tight budget at that, but throughout it I have always had enough money in my purse for a new mascara.
I love opening a new bottle of Mascara as it is obviously at its best and its so nice and smooth to apply.
I have switched between Collection's mascara, which can be bought at your local drugstore. Its only a couple of £'s, but it is worth it and it makes your lashes as long as the longest lashes in the world! nah okay it doesnt do quite that, but it does make them extremely long and thick!
However, after I ran out of that mascara, I bought a new kind, which was a dare I must say.
I bought the Natural Collection Water Guard Mascara for get this... £1.99! What a bargain, right?
 let me show you the difference...



This is before 3 coats of application









And this is after 3 coats of application. Imagine what it would look like after 4 or 5!










So I highly recommend the mascara from Natural Collection makeup, which is sold in Boots.
And another type of makeup that I have recently fallen in love with it a "take notice" lippy. I am absolutely in love with red or raspberry coloured lipstick. I have naturally small lips however so sometimes red lips can make me look a bit witchy, so I have found the perfect colour which was also super cheap!
I am proud to say that I bought this lipstick off of Ebay. "EWWW" i hear you cry, but alas it is not second hand makeup, in fact it is brand new makeup which is maybe made by a brand which is less heard of. And I am extremely happy to use it and love it! The colour I bought of this lipstick was in Mulberry, which is no longer being sold, however I will link you to another gorgeous colour of the same lipstick! The casing makes application super easy as it just glides over your lips, no matter how bumpy or shapely they may be! And it as well as it is nice to use, it also has moisturising properties which help to keep your lips looking moist and purdy, and on top of all these wonderful factors, it tastes and smells amazing! I am so not let down by this product. I love how pigmented the colour is!


If this type of blog post is your cup of tea then please let me know so I can do more of them for you. I do love my makeup!

Ciaow City Cats
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment