Powered By Blogger

Saturday 18 October 2014

A month to remember






 Hallo city Cats!
Watch my new video please!



Did you enjoy the video? I hope so!

I landed in Berlin officially a month and 3 days ago! It's gone so fast already but at the present time it went reaaaaal slow.
So much exploring and yet there is still so much more to explore... So i have to keep myself busy.
I keep getting so ill here though. I've had a sickness bug, I've had the good old classic cold and now I think I may be suffering from some form a chest infection... woohooo.
So I am about fed up of feeling sick.. woe is me.
Anywaaaaaays! I've been all over the place with things to do... University begun 2 weeks ago and already in just the introduction classes I feel like the education is sooooo much more intense and a fair bit more difficult than it is back at home.
The Winter term in Berlin is excellent: There has been so much going on since I arrived, such as Oktoberfest and now the Festival of Lights is occurring, however it is finishing up tomorrow.

I have travelled to Munich for the final Saturday of Oktoberfest 2014, and it was amazing! Had to travel by bus which was a 8-9 hour journey (horrendous) but it was worth it when we finally got to the Festival. Myself and a few other girls purchased Dirndl (female version of Lederhosen) and we celebrated Oktoberfest just like we were Bavarian! Spent the whole day there. Drunk from Steins of Paulaner (I am not a fan of beer, but through forcing myself to drink it, Paulaner is my favourite, so WOOH Paulaner!), got suitably drunk, ate a Bratwurst in Brot, played Carnival Games (lost), rode on the rides... You could say... my Oktoberfest game was STRONG.
 

Next on the to-do list was Mauerpark... the day of returning back home from Munich.. thats right, after a 9 hour bus drive home and a full day drinking beer, i didn't go home to sleep, i got ready to go to Berlin's famous Floh-markt (flea Market). MAUERPARK. Thats a fun word to get your mouth around.
Truth be told I really wanted to buy a guitar so I can continue to play here but nah, I didn't bring enough cash with me to buy a guitar :(
Mauerpark is suuuuch a cool place! Its soooo full of stalls of people selling their old possessions. Little food stalls everywhere and next to the flea market, there is a huge park fenced off by a very arty wall which has been spraypainted on to precise detail, it has people just chilling on picnic blankets on the grass being entertained by various buskers playing their music, possibly smoking a joint and it is the most chilled out place ever! Such a cool place to go on a Sunday, which by the way is the only day the flea market is open and I have been told that it is closed over Winter months. As well as the chilled out part, there is a karaoke stage where the fearless visitors can get up and sing in front of the raised crowd. If this was ever to be in Glasgow, people would never do it and it would be laughed at most definitely. I love the culture in Berlin: so open and up for most things!
So I spent the entire day chilling by the karaoke and the drum band. A truly amazing place to visit if in Berlin!
The next order of Business would be the visit to see the Festival of Lights. If you are not sure what it is, I can sum it up in one word- AMAZING!
Its so cool. I will hopefully have posted up a vlog on here of my experience of the festival. This year is the 10th anniversary of the Festival so they went rather ham. Up to 120 buildings had some illuminations cast on them through a light projector tent. I can't even do justice with typing the words to describe this... it it something you HAVE to see!
So now, I am going to be going to the Bierkeller tonight, which is the student run bar located in the basement of the Student halls that I am living in.  There is an Oktoberfest celebration going on until 4am, so that should be fun!
The chest infection can suck it, I'm having fun tonight :)

Ciaow City cats ~

Emmapire





1 comment:

  1. Hey Miss Emma - sounds like you have been having a fun and busy time! Apart from all of that illness - poor you!!!
    I have to say I'm looking forward to coming over to visit you and seeing all of these wonderful sights.
    Take care of yourself wee yin. xox

    ReplyDelete